Thursday 19 April 2012

Cold weather turbans: my new love!

Frequent readers of the blog may have observed my Nan's incredible millinery skills (all self-taught).

Well, just the other week she called me and told me she had created a knitted turban headband, to which I gave a little squeal and of course asked her to send me one immediately!

When it arrived to me it seemingly brought the cold weather with it...but no matter, because it is a gorgeous creation and warm to boot. I popped it on atop my curls, and there it has remained pretty much ever since!

So, naturally, I just had to share this vintage inspired beauty with you.

What do you girls reckon?

The beauty of this is that you can mould the top part to sit however you'd like it to.


On it's first outing, I teamed it with a dark green 1930's style dress (a charity shop find, cut from a 1930's pattern it would seem, but using modern dressmaking techniques) and a black beaded cardigan. 


 

My nan has just ventured into the world of technology by way of her first ever Trishe Darling website, and is taking orders currently by phone (an internet shop is next on the list to master, but for now I think the website is more than enough for her to be getting on with).

The turbans are available in a variety of colours, and what's more, come at a cost of only £25 each- positively a bargain for all the wear you'll get out of it. 
Perfect for adding a touch of vintage glamour to any outfit.

Find the turbans and her other millinery creations here!

Pip pip xx







2 comments:

  1. Love it Rosie and good on your nan too! x
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie! My vogue knit turban is finished! thought you and your subscribers might like to see it!
    http://knittygrittywhistler.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/toques-for-turbans-vogue-knitting-pattern-review/

    Love Anna Spad xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you beauties think.