Wednesday 30 May 2012

Early morning postal surprises.

This morning my postie arrived to my door with a parcel...a big, heavy parcel no less!

 I blooming LOVE the arrival of a surprise parcel, and this one from my parents was no exception.
 

A selection of New York illustrated postcards, a gift wrapping set. union jack bunting, loads of chocolates, and a book called "The New Look: A Social History of the Forties and Fifties"

  
Don't you just love the cover illustration? Wonderful!

Receiving a parcel of such a calibre is a lovely way to start the day, I'm sure you'll agree!

Pip pip xx


7 comments:

  1. Parcels are always such fun. Love the look of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting parcels :) Saw you on the TV with Larry! You all looked very glam.... if not a little cheeky!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What terribly thoughtful parents!!!! Love that book- do blog about it soon won't you. (Interestingly my daughter just blogged about the Singer sewing machine- great minds 'eh?!) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents do happen to be very good at parcels.

      Oh did she? She has good taste! What is your daughters blog called Ange? I would love to have a little read :) xx

      Delete
  4. I shall try and share some excerpts from that book soon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you beauties think.