Monday 25 April 2011

Perfect new shoes and summer sun!

Well hasn't this weather been wonderful?
Lately I'm struggling to find the right clothes for this summery weather- lately, a lot of my clothes seem to be darker colours, and all my nice skirts and tops all seem to be patterned and therefore not a good match for each other! Oh bother!
I opted for my recently acquired Liberty floral skirt and my plainest (non-knitted) top!

Alexandra Palace picnicking!

Today me and Mr Mike ventured to Ally Pally for a picnic in the sunshine. Twas rather lovely and gave me an opportunity to air my new favourite sandals!

White cotton peasant top: carboot.
Liberty circle skirt: £5, fleamarket.
Bamboo bag: £8, collectors fair.
50's catseye sunglasses: vintage fair.
Sandals: £1, carboot.

Theres something about summer that just makes me want to carry wicker bags and the like, and when I laid eyes on this bamboo bag I just had to have it! It was £10 but I bartered it down to £8. It was worth the moneys because I can just tell I'll get a lot of use out of it....plus it'll fit into my locker at work! Perfect!
And now to the sandals, which I am absolutely IN LOVE with. I have been lusting after similar pairs of Rocket Originals cut-out sandals for some time now but have just never been able to bring myself to spend the money on them, for fear my feet would dislike them (my feet are awfully fussy about what I put on them, unfortunately), so when I saw these fabulous vintage 40's style sandals in a cardboard box at a carboot sale on sunday, I almost jumped for joy! A pound you say sir? I'll take them!

They are branded 'Joyfit' by Stead & Simpson. 
I'm not sure of the date of these though, as I just can't find anything useful on the internet! 

I don't normally get my monkey-toes out for love nor money, but for these beauties I'll make an exception!
Pip pip! xx

8 comments:

  1. I've always wondered... what camera do you use? The pictures are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh I love those sandals.... what a lucky find! I have real problems with summer shoes as I can never find any I like :( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh great find on the shoes, love when you get shoes that are both cute and comfy, bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely :) great clothing finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somewhere Circus- I use an app on my iphone called Hipstamatic actually! As you may be able to tell, I have developed a bit of an obsession with it!
    Josie Mary- I too have always had trouble finding sandals that I like, but I recently found some lovely Clarks sandals from ebay that I like, and now my new Joyfits....and my suede Hush Puppies I got from a carboot. It appears I've done pretty well recently!
    Thanks ladies, I'm glad these shoes are both comfy and pretty! Can't do better than that for £1 can you? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leading me to yours - you got a firm follower in me now after seeing those sandals and for £1!! Bargain! Mwah Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sandals are an amazing find, stunning design, and they look very comfortable :)
    Summer makes me want to wear florals all the time :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you beauties think.