Wednesday 19 January 2011

Some amazing World War II photography...


This is an image by someone called Sergey Larenkov, who superimposes original World War II images over photos of the modern day setting, to create these beautiful and haunting images. Click the link above to see more if his images.

These are the inspiration shots for someone callled Nick J Stone who has created a similar series based on shots of post-bombing sites in Norwich. Being my home town, his series Blitz Ghosts amazes me; seeing places I know and recognise as they were during the Blitz is an incredible thing!
Please go and check out these rather incredible images.
Here is my favourite!


And thank you to the darling Retro Chick for bringing them to my attention via her facebook page!

Pip pip xx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie, please feel free to link to the blitz images, you should be able to grab the code using the button above each pic. Thanks for blogging it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hi! You're very welcome, the images are amazing! I can't link because there is no codes above the images, it just says 'Copyright Nick J Stone' when you clock share image. If you figure this out, let me know as I'd love to be able to show your images! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those images are astounding, thanks so much for sharing these with us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are amazing aren't they Vix! Very glad I stumbled across them, and well done to the clever chaps that created them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have to add me as a Flickr contact, I had a few "issues" with a theft or two a while ago, so had to tighten it up. If you have an account, add me and I'll add you back. (incidentally - your Dad pointed me at this, small world!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've re-edited and featured one now via your typejunky page now Nick. Thanks, I've linked back to it! And how funny that you should know my Dad, I was wondering how you'd come across my post. Small world indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH.MY.GOD! AHHHHHHHHHHMAZING!!! RIGHT up my street! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right!? You're very welcome :) They were too amazing to keep to myself!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found these via retro chick too.Utterly amazing! I'm completely mesmerised by them I walk the streets in Norwich on a regular basis. Nick you are a genius!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you beauties think.